Christmas EveryDay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas EveryDay

All Christmas and Holiday Cooking and Decorating, Stories and History

HomeHome  GENERALGENERAL  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Liquid Potpourri Gell room fresheners

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4171
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Liquid Potpourri Gell room fresheners Empty
PostSubject: Liquid Potpourri Gell room fresheners   Liquid Potpourri Gell room fresheners EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 pm

"Gift In A Jar" is potpourri gel. These are sold in Bath & Body for about $6-8. They are jars, covered with lace that have scented potpourri jell that evaporates over time. I use 8 ounce quilted mason jars for mine. I've seen people use baby food jars, 16 ounce jars, ivy bowls, and lots of other creative glass containers.
Ingredients:
2 cups liquid potpourri
4 packets powdered gelatin
Up to 2 cups water (optional. The water makes more liquid but it also decreases the scent. Recommended if you are using a very potent potpourri)
Directions:
Heat 1 cup liquid potpourri to simmering in an old pot on high heat. Before it boils, turn the heat to low to maintain the simmer. Stir in the gelatin. Stir constantly until the gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add the second cup of potpourri and stir well. Add water if desired. Pour the mixture into warmed jars. Leave uncovered and undisturbed over night. The mixture will set into a jelly like substance. Cover with lace, tulle, or other creative top for a beautiful room freshener. The 8 ounce jars last about 8 months depending on how much water you add. (More water, shorterlife.)
This is a very easy gift to make and people love them. From start to finish, one batch takes about 15 minutes plus the time to decorate the lid. I add a gift tag to the top of the jar with a description of what the gift is, who it's to/from, and a warning to keep out of the reach of children. Potpourri is not something you want to see kids eating. Hope you enjoy it
Back to top Go down
https://christmaseveryday.forumotion.com

Liquid Potpourri Gell room fresheners
Page 1 of 1