Christmas EveryDay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas EveryDay

All Christmas and Holiday Cooking and Decorating, Stories and History

HomeHome  GENERALGENERAL  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What To Do With Extra Candy Canes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4171
Registration date : 2008-10-24

What To Do With Extra Candy Canes Empty
PostSubject: What To Do With Extra Candy Canes   What To Do With Extra Candy Canes EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:45 am

Courtesy of AllHomemadeCookies.com
14 Creative Ways to Use Candy Canes
by Rachel Keller

If you're looking for ways to use up all those holiday candy canes, then this article is for you. Read on for more creative ideas!

I love candy canes, but every December, it seems that my sons get enough candy canes to last the whole year. (Well, it's not that bad, but I had to come up with some way to use up those candy canes.) Since discovering all the ways to use those candy canes, I now buy a variety of boxes of candy canes after Christmas when I can get them for ten cents a box.

Here are some creative ways to use those candy canes.

1. Each year, I like to hang candy canes on the Christmas tree. Not only do they look pretty, but if you get hungry, you can grab one as a snack.

2. Try stringing a row of candy canes across the top of an entryway or fireplace mantle. You can also use the canes to decorate wreaths.

3. Last year, my sons made Christmas cards for their grandmothers using candy canes. They joined two canes together on the front to form a heart shape.

4. You can use candy canes to make decorations and crafts. Someone in our home school group made beautiful candle holders for the centerpiece decoration at our Christmas potluck. She bought 5/8-inch size dowels and cut them in to four-inch sections. After painting them red, she used hot glue to attach the candy canes to the dowel (upside down with the hook away from the dowel). The bottom of the candle rests on the dowel in the center of the candy canes. She added some greenery to the bottom, but you could also add a ribbon around the center.

Depending on how crafty you are, you can probably come up with several craft ideas for candy canes.

5. Put a couple candy canes in gift baskets or use them with a ribbon as decoration on top of your Christmas gifts.

6. Crush some candy canes and add them to hot apple cider. You can also use a candy cane as a stirrer for your hot chocolate, tea, or coffee. The flavor of your beverage can change depending on whether you choose peppermint, chocolate mint, cinnamon, cherry or any other flavor.

7. Break up candy canes and drop them into a two-liter bottle of ginger ale. Add this to your punch for a wonderful beverage at your Christmas party.

8. If you're having a sit-down Christmas party, use candy canes as part of each place setting.

9. Chop up candy canes and sprinkle them on an ice cream sundae.

10. Add crushed candy canes to brownies, cookie batter, or rice krispy treats. The canes add a unique flavor and crunch and also make a colorful cookie.

11. Use crushed candy canes to decorate your cut-out Christmas cookies.

12. Also try adding crushed candy canes to your frosting for a unique candy cane frosting

13. White Almond and Candy Cane Bark
Melt 1/2 package of white almond bark. Stir in 6 to 8 crushed candy canes. Pour the mixture onto wax paper and cool to room temperature. Break into serving size pieces.

14. Try making decorative ornaments with them.
Back to top Go down
https://christmaseveryday.forumotion.com

What To Do With Extra Candy Canes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christmas EveryDay :: All About Christmas :: Christmas Tips-
Jump to: