Christmas EveryDay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas EveryDay

All Christmas and Holiday Cooking and Decorating, Stories and History

HomeHome  GENERALGENERAL  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Gourmet Reindeer Poop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4171
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Gourmet Reindeer Poop Empty
PostSubject: Gourmet Reindeer Poop   Gourmet Reindeer Poop EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 10:36 pm

Gourmet Reindeer Poop
Something to make with the kids...Merry Christmas
unsaddledrainbo

Gourmet Reindeer Poop Candy
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal -- not instant
1/2 cup chopped nuts -- optional

Directions:

Mix butter, sugar, milk and cocoa together in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoon full (larger or smaller as desired) onto wax paper and let harden. They will set up in about 30-60 minutes. These will keep for several days without refrigerating, up to 2 weeks refrigerated and 2-3 months frozen.

Pack into Ziploc sandwich bags and attach the following note to each bag.

A Little Poem For The Gift Tag:
I woke up with such scare when I heard Santa call... "Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!" I ran to the lawn and in the snowy white drifts, those nasty reindeer had left "little gifts".

I got an old shovel and started to scoop, neat little piles of "Reindeer Poop!" But to throw them away, seemed such a waste, so I saved them, thinking-you might like a taste!

As I finished my task, which took quite awhile. Old Santa, passed by and he sheepishly smiled. And I heard him exclaim as he was in the sky... "Well they're not potty trained, but at least they can fly!"
Back to top Go down
https://christmaseveryday.forumotion.com

Gourmet Reindeer Poop
Page 1 of 1