Christmas EveryDay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas EveryDay

All Christmas and Holiday Cooking and Decorating, Stories and History

HomeHome  GENERALGENERAL  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Wedding Cup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4171
Registration date : 2008-10-24

The Wedding Cup Empty
PostSubject: The Wedding Cup   The Wedding Cup EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:33 am

This is kind of a cute story about Weddings, So I thought I'd add it here,
since I didn't know exactly where to put it. its called the Wedding Cup

Once upon a time, a penniless European artisan fell hopelessly in love with a beautiful woman of noble birth, and she with him.

In view of the craftsman's low station in life, however, the lady's father refused to allow their union.

Worse, the nobleman devised a diabolical scheme whereby he planned to dispense with the unwanted suitor altogether.

The wedding could take place, the nobleman decreed, only if the artisan could devise a vessel which would allow two people to drink from it at once, without spilling a drop of its contents. As this had never been done, the father felt safe in telling the suitor that if he failed, he must leave the kingdom forever.

But the young lover did not fail. His brilliant solution took Europe by storm, and the loving couple went on to share a full and joyous life. Ever since, the Wedding cup has held an honored place in the households of nobles and commoners alike.

If you've never seen one, it is a woman, her skirt in the shape of a bell, Her arms are held high above her head holding a bowl, the bowl swings.So you can place liquid in the bowl and then turn the woman's skirt upside down and fill her skirt with liquid also. And two people can drink from the same cup at the same time.
Back to top Go down
https://christmaseveryday.forumotion.com

The Wedding Cup
Page 1 of 1